Thursday, July 28, 2011

Brain-Computer Interface could help ALS patients

www.yomiuri.co.jp
A group of scientists from Osaka University Hospital is set to conduct clinical research aimed at mechanically producing the actions directed by disabled people’s brain waves. If successful, the research would make it possible, among other things, for people who cannot use their arms and legs to display their thoughts on the screen of a personal computer.
It would also enable physically handicapped persons to manipulate robots.


Continued Article here: http://neurogadget.com/2011/01/11/japanese-researchers-to-help-als-patients-through-brain-computer-interface/170

Read about how BCI works at the link below
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/brain-computer-interface.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Gary Mathis told me about your blog! I just wanted to write and encourage you as ya'll face the forks in the road. My mom passed from ALS in 2004. I wrote about all of the experiences my mom went through and feel the Lord wants me to get it published. Until then, I have been putting it on my blog to help others. On today's blog, I also wrote about major changes such as a trach and feeding tube for Mom. You are right that those are major decisions that are not easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog