Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sleep Lab For Bipap

This past wednesday March 23rd Don went to DHMC for a sleep study to find out what kind of Bipap breathing aid would be best for his breathing issues. Don arrived about 7pm and by 9pm he was fitted with all the necessary wires and gadgets ( they had also threatened to shave his goatee off which he has had for years ) after a while they put a mask on him and he found this very uncomfortable, he felt like he was being affixiated so they had to remove the mask. he ended up with about two hours sleep but it was enough to figure out what his breathing issues are ( I hope). Don was told in the morning that they would see him and address the Bipap issue at his next ALS clinic, however the hospital has since called & informed him that he has a date for his feeding tube proceedure April the 25th,  not sure now what will happen, either the Bipap will come first or the feeding Tube surgery, either way something has to be done about both.

3 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and your husband. Please keep us updated on his progress. I know my Godmother will soon be facing the same procedure. Just remember you are not alone. I care. HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she having a peg tube? if so that is such a shame as it is a sign of a progressive process, one I am finding hard to face myself, Don seems to take it all with a grain of salt but I get upset a lot, I hold it in but it is hard, I am there for you too (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) & L.O.V.E. Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on twitter, so I started following you. I am so new at all this, I don't really know what I am doing...LOL. But If you follow me then we can message each other. I can't send an email to you through your profile because I don't have an email client on this computer yet. ugh. I don't know if you ever got my other email.
    It is normal for you to get upset. I hope you do not hold it in all the time. Tears are good release for your pain. Please take care. hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog