Saturday, January 22, 2011

DAY OF DON"S ALS DX :0( WTF !!!!!

December the 16th 2010, Are dates important? usually we look at dates as a reminder of a loved ones birthday or anniversary or perhaps just something as simple as when your next payday is, December 16th 2010 my husband was told he had probable Lou Gehrig's disease and our lives changed from that date.

January the 14th 2011 the day my husband was definitively diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's I felt the pit of my stomach falling, my inner soul cried out "no please not my Don, not my best friend, not my everything", why is this happening? this cannot be so! but it is and everything feels so surreal and painful like an open wound constantly having acid poured into it.

I keep looking at him and see his struggle to speak and cannot imagine that one day he will not speak at all, I cannot imagine that one day he will not be able to kiss me or hug me, I already miss his laugh, Lou Gehrig's has already taken away his ability to laugh, slowly Lou Gehrig's disease will take away something from him however he will be left with a clear mind to remind him of this fact each day.

This is our journey into the unknown of ALS, it is like going into a dark cold cave and you are desperate to find a glimmer of light of hope of solace and warmth, we grip our hands and minds tightly just as we always have and walk forward together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog