Saturday, January 29, 2011

A DEDICATION FROM MUMMA

For my daughter Kim and my adopted beloved son Don
Life can be hard but they soldier on

In a marriage spanning thirty plus years
They’ve shared laughter, love, strife and tears

Many times their bond has stretched too thin
But they always faced their issues and let the love back in

Four lovely children all now grown
Are chastened to hear that Dad sounds so different when they phone

My thoughts go back to our New Zealand Whanau times
Remember my home-made pizza on Saturday nights?

Or when Kim and I indulged in a few Jim Beams
I sang in Spanish – oh yeah? – in my dreams!

The fun times we shared are too many to measure
And these happy memories are always ours to treasure

And now, Kim and Don, we wish your burden could be less
But can that ever happen with ALS?


Lots of Love always, Mumma/Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog