Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home Alone

Today I am home alone with my thoughts & my mind is a cesspool of emotions that I cannot stop, I liken it to an out of control train that will not slow down and eventually will turn a sharp corner and come off the tracks.


Don had family visit him yesterday & it was so good for him, I could see some of the old Don and it was wonderful to see the sparkle in his eyes, we all went out for a great dinner & at one stage he started to choke on some food and it brought me back to reality & I could not finish my meal.


His sister gave him a cell phone ( we have always used a net10 reload phone ) and it is like a new toy which also takes photo's so when we can understand how this process works we will load some photo's onto this blog :0)

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the new toy! I know getting out and about, even when it's not perfect, is still a blessing. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kevin, hope your day is blessed & Don & I are so happy to meet you, you have a way with writing, just reading some of your blog, cheers from Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just followed you link from my facebook contacts.I have Mnd and have been struggling with it and the roller coaster ride of emtions that we as a family have to go through what keeps me going is that if we don't use it we loss it sooner and i have to follow my own words to my kids don't go through life regreting what you could have done, do as much as you can when you can.take care JRW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first sentence of your post is so accurate. Sometimes I feel the exact same way. I have benign MS and several auto-immune disorders. But it is nothing like ALS. My Godmother was just diagnosed with ALS. Her father died from this when she was only 10 years old. She mentioned remembering her Dad choking and was crying. She has donated blood and spinal fluid for research...because she has 3 children and 5 grandchildren she is worried about. As I commented on another ALS blog...RESEARCH = HOPE. Never give up hope.
    Glad about the cell phone...that is really neat! Try to get out and live as much as possible. Memories are a gift from life. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog